Thursday, July 23, 2009

Listening to my body: Post Master Cleanse

beyonce_book.jpg

So I cheated. I didn't do 10 days like I said I would do on the master cleanse. boo hoo. I don't feel like a failure though. I might have if I was trying to lose a few pounds here or there but that was my goal in embarking on such a journey as the master cleanse. my goal was to detox my body and feel better over all and what an improvement it made! I'm not being sarcastic seriously! 
. Before the master cleanse, when I went to raw foods, I had a decrease in energy. I was not eating organic or eating enough of anything really. My chronic anxiety wasn't getting any better and I felt like I still had high-blood pressure and some form of vertigo. 
Doing the master cleanse, I felt calm and had so much energy!
I felt good about the skin I was in, I felt semi or even more than semi confident to not draw some eyeliner around my eyes and cover my face with foundation. 




I (on the left) went to the club on friday night without any makeup. Which for me is a big deal since I love makeup and feel lost without it!
After 5 days I lost too much weight, any more and that size 34 c would be a size 34 a. But, on the flip side...
I felt healthy and alive. It's the fact that my first round of infidelity to this cleanse was with toxic cooked food. My friend who I am currently staying with, is working at a catering business, who is also doing the master cleanse, brings home trays of food constantly. 
One day baked ziti, next day northern green beans, cakes, lasagna. It was just so easy to say "Okay, I'll have the vegetarian lasagna" but it wasn't easy on the stomach or my overall energy. After eating it I went from tigger to eeyore  in 2 minutes flat! 
And yes, that is the best comparison I could think of.
Aren't I creative :-)
So I said, "Ok, I need to listen to what my body is telling me. My body doesn't like this over cooked crap"
So I opted for a raw option. Sounded good, looked good. It was one of my some-what original raw-vegan creations:
banana, cacao chip, agave, almond butter thingy
It tasted good. So good I had two bowls of it.
Did the goodness last? No. 
SHOCKING!
It made me feel very groggy and lifeless. 
What was going on??!
This is raw! Isn't this suppose to make me feel good?! better?! something?! a positive opposite effect?!
I ate some fruit alone and it was amazing how I felt...I felt free and alive again!
So I am contemplating a high mono fruit diet.
I am amazed at the people who are 80/10/10 or fruitarian.
These female inspirations live wonderful lives.
Two in particular:
 I am inspired by is Suvine...



she is  a glamorous, gorgeous, radiant mono fruitarian!
raw vegan cake by raw vegan fruitarian watermelon girl.

She has an amazing blog where she writes her thoughts and posts her pictures of her glamorous fruitarian life, raw vegan creations, art work and the beautiful sights near her  home in Coral Gables, FL. She is surrounded by so much beauty and exotic fruit. What a wonderful life!!
Visit her blog at Suvine.com...she has started a new life now but her amazing blog is still up!

raw vegan pie goji berrie blueberries blackberries by raw vegan fruitarian watermelon girl.

The second is Freelea who started  30bananasaday.com 


She just looks so healthy and is so nice! She lives in Australia. Also lives a wonderful, vibrant life!


check her out at 30bananasaday.com or freelea.blogspot.com

So that leaves me...wanting a vibrant, healthy life!
I am going to embark on a high-fruit lifestyle and keep track of my progress. 
Basically see if it helps me. It is best to keep it simple especially with our food!
I am excited...mono meals and smoothies here I come! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About this

My photo
I am a creator... a wanderer... ...everchanging