Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Law Of Attraction In Action


excuse-me.jpg

I just finished a book by Lynn Grabhorn called "Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting".
Not your ordinary self-help book. Her narrative voice, as I would put it, was very "coffee shop" and I liked that. The basis of the book was the Law of Attraction.
Which was the basis of the best-selling book "The Secret" a few years back.
I read the whole book and was very impressed and wondered if the law of attraction worked.
She recommends to keep positive and to apply affirmations to your day and through out the day.
She says to picture your life the way you want it. Ask the universe for it, expect it and it will come...

yaeger.jpg


A part of me is still a little skeptical. I do believe in magic and miracles. 
Especially after this master cleanse! I feel alive and renewed and in touch with my body and what it needs. When I eat certain foods now, I can tell if my body doesn't like it and then I don't eat it. I'm letting my body and spirit be my doctor and guide.
Never have I had that before! It let's me know what is good for me by my energy levels. I feel best on fruit!! It's amazing!
I "attracted" a wonderful fruit smoothie from the co-op. It made me feel so great! I also only spent $5 on fruit for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Organic at that!

I went out last night to this club downtown called "Pulse".
They were having a drag show and amateur male stripper contest.
(It was quite funny that I went to that, when Jessica was suppose to pick me up to go to the PlayGirl male review but fell asleep!)
Alison and I went down there and met Sara down there. Sara was leaving to go to Belize today for a month to go work on an organic farm. I want to do that as well...but that's another story.
So anyways, I ordered a drink. I didn't really think I needed one but Alison bought me one.
If any of you know me, you may know that within the last 6 months I've had a problem with drinking. A dependency on drinking. I have gotten to the point sometimes when I feel like I can't function without it. This is due to my severe anxiety I have had most of my life.
So, I glanched at my drink, a little angst of the possibility of "how many drinks will it take..." was building inside of me,  I took a sip of my tequila sunrise, while observing the wicked drag queens and eccentric crowd and my body said "No". If my body could verbalize it would of said "mmm mmm, why are you drinking that! you feel good! you feel alive! you are a new person!"
I couldn't believe it! It was so strong and I didn't even have a taste for it. I felt happy that I could stop. I felt happy that I was in control of my feelings towards alcohol!
The rest of the night was great! It was much better being sober and feeling alive and vibrant than drinking! 
The thing is, I can control how I feel. It's the spirit-mind-body connection. Your spirit has a huge power over your body and for most of us our body affects the soul. We eat crappy food, we feel crappy. We muffle the voice of our spirit when we don't give our bodies good food and good nurishment. When we don't listen to our bodies and cover up the symptoms with medication and lies and don't give our body nurishment it creates a distance from our spirit.

I feel like I have "attracted" raw foods into my life for some reason. I didn't really picture this or plan this but it is wonderful, liberating and has changed my life for the better.
eating raw is magical and a miracle I found it!

raw-food-diet-guide-fruit.jpg


Here is an excerpt from Abraham Hicks, another Law of Attraction guru on eating simply:

Unnatural Foods
When you introduce to your body something like sugar, or caffeine or preservatives ...when you introduce those substances that are not natural to your body to your body, your blessed body, which is so resilient, acclimates to them. It makes itself work anyway. It absorbs it. It consumes it. It does the best it can with it, and it compensates for it. But it has to work harder to compensate for these foods than it would if you were giving it the foods that are natural to it — and in its compensating process, it overcompensates on a cellular level. That overcompensation, to you, now feels like it’s asking for more of it, and so that translates to you as a craving.

Understanding Cravings
Have you ever had something like a box of chocolates and you wanted to eat only one or two? But then you found yourself wanting more. There’s a sort of illogical craving where you’ve gone far beyond the limit that your stomach really wants, far beyond the limit of satisfaction. You’re not even really enjoying it, but you’re consuming it in some sort of obsessive way. The cells of your body, in their trying to compensate for this weird stuff you have given it, are now overcompensating, which is setting up an attitude of craving...That’s why people have discovered that sometimes a fast or a cleansing — sometimes they use juices or just water — is sometimes the very best thing to do in starting a new process. We don’t really recommend it, because it is so extreme, but it does sort of put your cells back into the place of knowing what’s more natural. It’s sort of like going cold turkey for a little while, getting off the drug that the cells have acclimated to, and sometimes it’s a much easier way to begin.

Do you feel that you are motivated to eat from your head or from your cells? Do you think you are called more by your palette or by your desire for fuel?

GUEST: By my palette.

ABRAHAM: And so, perhaps this information will put you into a place of choosing a little bit more deliberately. Like most things, it only takes a day or two or three or four of being deliberate about it before you have developed a new pattern. Haven’t you noticed you can get on a trend where suddenly it’s hard for the first two or three days and then suddenly it isn’t so hard anymore?

Discovering The Simpler Foods
Now, we’re not suggesting that you have to go out and eat nuts and berries. We’re not suggesting that you have to deprive yourself from all of this other stuff. But what we are saying is that you are going to discover much more satisfaction in simpler foods. And as you begin to discover the satisfaction in simpler foods, this business of being guided by your palette instead of by your physical body’s desire for fuel will change.

The other alternative is to get your body so much in motion that the need of the cells changes. If you can get your body to move enough that the cells of your body are generating a sort of nuclear activity, they can burn anything that you’ve eaten. But your body can take care of the things that it’s naturally calling for in the course of a normal day’s activities.

You have learned to guide yourself through flavor, through satisfying your palette. You are consuming things that are not natural to the cells. The cells work very hard at then compensating for this stuff that you’ve eaten. If you increase the activity of your body to very high levels, which usually amounts to running or something very aerobic, then your body can deal with all that you’re palette has asked for. But if you stop that and your palette is still asking, then your body is out of balance.

(Excerpted from G-2/27/97 — Napa, CA




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About this

My photo
I am a creator... a wanderer... ...everchanging